At Big Truck Rental, we understand what it takes to keep our industry moving forward. A big part of that growth is due to our essential workers. We want to shine some light on those special people who have continued to push through during COVID-19 and all of the hard times that have come with this new normal.
For this week’s Essential Worker Spotlight, we would like to introduce you to Kirk Goode. Kirk is the Special Projects Manager at Goode Companies Inc. Get to know more about Kirk below!
- What Company do you work for, how long have you been there, and what is your title?
- I have been employed at GCI for 29 years
- Tell us a little about yourself- family, hobbies, interests, etc.
- I just turned the big 50, I grew up in the Washington DC area. I have three adult sons, a lovely wife, and I live in Odenton, MD. My hobbies include fishing, investing in single family homes as a fix and flip. My goal is to own multi-family apartment buildings in the near future.
- What is a typical work day like for you?
- A typical day for me… Wake my wife up as early as possible to talk to her. Then I do my roll call and read emails, then I check in with each division to determine how and where I’m needed. From there I assist other management and staff with any resolutions required.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about your job?
- Seeing our team mates smiling and happy to come to work daily is one of the best feelings. Next is doing start up of a new contract to see my planning and routing come together.
- Have you ever worked on or with a BTR truck? If so, please tell us about your experience.
- Yes I have, we had a new contract and we needed trucks immediately and BTR was able to accommodate our request right away. They had great trucks, we hit the road without a problem and our drivers love them!
- Anything else you want to share?
- I am a family oriented person, I love my job and continue to learn and grow daily.
From everyone at Big Truck Rental, we wanted to say thank you to Kirk Goode and the entire team at GCI. We appreciate your hard work!