At Big Truck Rental, we understand what it takes to keep our industry moving forward. A big part of that growth is due to our essential workers. We want to shine some light on those special people who have continued to push through during COVID-19 and all of the hard times that have come with this new normal.
For this week’s Essential Worker Spotlight, we would like to introduce you to Brian Moore. Brian is the Lead FEL Driver at Orion Waste Solutions in Northwest Arkansas. Get to know more about Brian below!
- What Company do you work for, how long have you been there, and what is your title?
- I work for Orion Waste Solutions, I have been here for 5.5 years, and y title is Lead FEL Driver.
- Tell us a little about yourself- family, hobbies, interests, etc.
- I am a father of six, and I have been married to my lovely wife for 10 years. I love to work around the house and take care of my lawn. I like to work on vehicles and I have an old 1982 Chevy pickup that my son and I are doing a rebuild on.
- What is a typical work day like for you?
- I get here and have a safety meeting with the other drivers. I go out and pre-trip my truck and then head to route. I pick up for the customers and head to the dump a few times a day. I get back and do a post-trip, then head home.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about your job?
- Being able to have time to myself and feeling at peace while I’m behind the wheel of my truck.
- Have you ever worked on or with a BTR truck? If so, please tell us about your experience.
- Yes, I’ve driven one before. It was clean and ran excellently. I had no issues with the truck at all, which was very nice.
- Anything else you want to share?
- I enjoy working for Orion Waste Solutions. The hours I’m allowed to work are great and working with the group of guys I do is a highlight of the company.
From everyone at Big Truck Rental, we wanted to say thank you to Brian Moore and the entire team at Orion Waste Solutions of Northwest Arkansas. We appreciate your hard work!