Grapple garbage trucks can perform all sorts of waste hauling tasks, thanks to their built-in remote control arms. A grapple garbage truck can lift boulders, tree stumps, construction debris, and other bulky items with ease. They’re a perfect way to expand your range of services and enhance your profit margins.
Of course, owning one of these vehicles outright does make you responsible for its maintenance. Over time, this can add significantly to your operating costs. With that in mind, here are six expenses you can expect to deal with when you buy instead of rent a grapple garbage truck.
Six Types of Maintenance that Every Grapple Garbage Truck Will Eventually Need
Grapple garbage trucks can take quite a beating during daily operations. Here are six trouble spots that your maintenance crews should check on a regular basis:
- The boom – which is vulnerable to problems like worn pens and journals, especially after heavy use.
- Hydraulic components – including the rotation bearings, hoses, valves, and gearboxes.
- Crew cab – maintenance workers should periodically check for damaged or nonfunctioning gauges, cracked windows, and serious cosmetic issues.
- Electrical systems – including fuses, wires, vehicle lights, and wiring harnesses.
- Outriggers – may require occasional replacement of slider pads and hydraulic pistons.
- Safety systems – including brakes, seatbelts, and anti-roll components.
As you can see, grapple garbage truck maintenance can be time-consuming and costly. That’s just part of the price that comes with ownership.
Fortunately, there’s an easier, less costly way to add these vehicles to your fleet. Here at Big Truck Rental, we have top-quality grapple trucks to rent. When you choose to rent from us, not only do you enjoy our highly competitive rates, you also free yourself from worries about maintenance and repair.
All the Benefits and None of the Drawbacks
When you take advantage of our garbage trucks for rent program, you get instant access to all the benefits that come with being one of our clients. These include:
- No long-term commitments – once the period of your rental contract is complete, you simply turn in the truck and walk away.
- Freedom from worries about maintenance and repair – When you rent from us, we take care of any expensive maintenance or warranty repairs, while you are responsible only for routine preventative maintenance.
- The ability to scale up your operations on an as-needed basis – you may only need a grapple garbage truck for a limited period of time, such as for a construction project or a natural disaster. Renting allows you the flexibility to use the truck only as long as necessary.
Call us today or use our online contact form to find out more about our garbage trucks for rent. We can help you to run your business more efficiently and more profitably than ever before.