New terminal tractors are expensive. Prices can climb much higher if advanced features are included. One way to avoid these substantial upfront fees is with terminal tractor truck rental from Big Truck Rental. We have multiple short-term and long-term rental plans available to suit virtually any need.
Factors That Affect Terminal Tractor Cost
Some of the factors that can affect the price of a terminal tractor include:
- Internal environment – including the comfort and ergonomics of the seating, the heating and cooling capacity of the climate control system, and whether or not the cabin is pressurized to keep out dust and dirt.
- Ease of operation – better-quality terminal trucks have the primary controls within easy reach, including lights, emergency brakes, and fifth wheel dials/levers. Secondary controls are clearly labeled and easy to operate.
- Ride quality – this is an especially important feature for terminal truck operators, who often spend 12 hours or more a day in their vehicle. Better models feature a smooth, quiet ride rather than the “bucking bronco” effect that older, less capable trucks are known for.
- Availability – dependability is a key factor in the sticker price of terminal tractors. Better models can operate for longer periods of time without mechanical trouble or time-consuming maintenance.
- Efficiency – the faster a terminal tractor can hook up to a trailer, the more tasks it can accomplish in less time. Well-equipped tractors are able to complete this step in less than one minute.
Buying Versus Renting a Terminal Truck: Which Makes More Sense?
One way to enjoy the benefits of a high-quality terminal tractor without the cost outlays of an outright purchase is to rent your equipment from Big Truck Rental. Here are some of the advantages this option offers:
- Flexibility – renting allows you to use the equipment only for as long as you need it, freeing you from an expensive long-term purchase.
- Scalability – renting allows you to ramp up your operations to meet seasonal or unexpected demands, without over-investing your capital.
- Affordability – when you rent your terminal tractors from Big Truck Rental, we take care of all repairs and significant maintenance. This will save you even more money.
- Reliability – we partner with Autocar, the world’s leading manufacturer of terminal tractors. Their models offer spacious cab designs, heavy-duty steel construction, four-point air suspension, and large, high-visibility grab handles and foot grips.
We’d love to tell you more about our terminal trucks for rent. Contact us today to talk to one of our customer service experts. You’ll soon be on the way to higher profits and lower operating costs.