Here at Big Truck Rental, we’re proud to include the Petersen TL3 Lightning Loader among our garbage trucks to rent. That’s because Petersen products are not only reliable but easy to operate as well.
To show you what we mean, here are some guidelines selected from the official Petersen TL3 manual. Please note: the information in this post is intended as a high-level overview, not as a substitute for formal instruction. We’re happy to provide official Petersen training materials to our clients upon request.
Inspecting the TL3 Grapple Truck
Before using your TL3, you should start each day by performing the following safety and readiness checks:
- Verify that the brakes and backup alarms are in proper working order.
- Check the rearview mirrors and adjust them if necessary.
- Check the battery charge and oil levels.
- Inspect the tires for gashes, worn spots, under-inflation, or other problems.
- Make sure the lights, flashers, and strobes work properly.
- Check for signs of leaking oil or hydraulic fluid. You should also give the hoses a close visual inspection and have them replaced if necessary.
- Verify that the outriggers are fully retracted, and the bucket is resting on the floor of the body (unless the vehicle contains debris, in which case the bucket should be closed and resting on the waste material).
- Ensure that the parking brake is in good working order.
Operating the Throttle
Always maintain engine speed within the limits of the preset RPM. Trying to overtax the mechanism can lead to equipment failure or personal injury. Shut the loader down right away if you notice signs of overheating, such as worn components, a burning odor, or leaking hydraulic seals.
Operating the Standard Loader Controls
The TL3’s outloaders are controlled by a set of four levers located near the work platform. The TL3 also has a series of seven control handles for the loading and dumping functions and a pair of joysticks that operate the boom and bucket.
You’ll find illustrations on pages 21, 22, and 25 of the operator’s manual that show how to work these controls. Remember to apply gentle, constant pressure when using the levers. Never jerk them or push them into extreme positions.
IMPORTANT TIP: REMEMBER TO WATCH OUT FOR POWER LINES WHILE USING THE LOADER. FAILING TO DO SO CAN PUT THE OPERATOR AT RISK OF ELECTROCUTION.
Parking the Vehicle
Here at Big Truck Rental, we know that clients who rent garbage trucks have unique goals and priorities. That’s why we offer a wide range of plans tailored to the needs of both private companies and public agencies.
So, if you’re looking to add a grapple garbage truck to your fleet, our customer service experts are waiting to hear from you now. Get in touch with us today, then get ready for a better, more profitable tomorrow.
Petersen TL3 Grapple Truck Rentals
As you can see, the Petersen TL3 is straightforward and simple to operate. Petersen TL3 grapple truck rentals from Big Truck Rental let you enjoy the full benefits of this world-class vehicle with the convenience and cost savings of using it only when you need it.
We offer a wide range of customized rental plans to fit the needs of both private companies and public agencies. Contact us today to learn more.