After renting a front loader garbage truck, you may decide a purchase is a strategic and sound investment. The cost of buying a garbage truck is based on various factors, such as manufacturer, add-ons, etc.
Front Loader Garbage Truck Cost at a Glance
Let’s break down some of the factors that determine cost.
- Manufacturer – brand reputation matters a great deal. Brands that we partner with include Heil, McNeilus, and Labrie. These front loader garbage truck manufacturers are highly reputable and known for their vehicles’ reliability and durability. While you may pay a bit more, you get quality assurance and decades of industry experience.
- New or pre-owned – the truck may be straight out of the assembly line. It may also be pre-owned or previously rented out.
- Optional accessories – most manufacturers offer add-ons, such as back-up cameras, increased hopper size, and grappling attachments.
- Rebuilt components – pre-owned models may contain a rebuilt or refurbished engine, transmission, or other components.
- Automated components – front loader trucks may be manual or automated. The latter, due to components like the hydraulic arm, will cost more to purchase.
Typical Front Loader Garbage Truck Cost Range
As you can see, many variables contribute to the wide cost range. In terms of a ballpark figure, the cost of a brand new or lightly used front loader garbage truck might be in the range of $200,000 to $350,000. If pre-owned or a previous rental, you may be able to find a model in the five- or low six-digit price range.
Consider a Rent-to-Buy Contract
Most waste companies rent a garbage truck to test it out on their daily routes before determining whether the model warrants a purchase. One option is a rent-to-purchase contract where you can rent the truck for a pre-determined period. After the rental period, you can elect to purchase the vehicle, with a portion of the rental payment applying towards the total cost of the purchase price. Many refuse companies from all over the country take advantage of Big Truck Rental’s flexible rent-to-purchase contracts.
Acquiring a new truck for your existing fleet is a big investment that requires strategic planning. Our front loader waste rental solutions include options for short– and long-term rental, as well as an option for rent-to-purchase. Contact Big Truck Rental to enquire about our garbage trucks and how to rent them.