At Big Truck Rental, we understand what it takes to keep our industry moving forward. A big part of that growth is due to our essential workers. We want to shine some light on those special people who have continued to push through during COVID-19 and all of the hard times that have come with this new normal.
For this week’s Essential Worker Spotlight, we would like to introduce you to Orlando Norris. Orlando is a Front Load Driver for Waste Connections in Shreveport. Get to know more about Orlando below!
- What Company do you work for, how long have you been there, and what is your title?
- I am 16 year Veteran, BFI, IESI, Progressive, and Front Load Driver for Waste Connections.
- Tell us a little about yourself- family, hobbies, interests, etc.
- I like cars and love watching basketball. My favorite team is the LA Lakers.
- What is a typical work day like for you?
- A typical day for me is all about being safe and having fun. I start early in the mornings before traffic and I get done before afternoon traffic.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about your job?
- Being able to come and work for a place where you can be yourself and have fun with the people you work with.
- Have you ever worked on or with a BTR truck? If so, please tell us about your experience.
- Yes! The trucks performed well and we were able to get out of a bind years ago with the BTR trucks to get customers taken care of.
- Anything else you want to share?
- Big Truck Rental came through in a bad time and we were able to maintain our customers.
From everyone at Big Truck Rental, we wanted to say thank you to Orlando and the entire team at Waste Connections. We appreciate your hard work!