Roll Off Truck Rental Guide
A roll off truck is the perfect vehicle for hauling commercial waste bins to the landfill. Choosing the right model for your fleet comes down to the following considerations:
- Type of hoist – as in cable versus hook.
- Safety and comfort options – make operating the vehicle as simple and stress-free as possible.
- Rental terms – with Big Truck Rental, our flexible rental terms give you a quality truck only for the time you need it – no wasted investment capital!
Why is renting your vehicle from Big Truck Rental a better move than making a traditional outright purchase? Here are the advantages of a roll off truck rental:
- No large cash outlay
- Flexible terms to meet your budget
- Freedom from repair worries
- A wide selection of vehicles from which to choose
- Fast delivery
Contact us today for your customized quote. In the meantime, let’s take a closer look at how to choose your roll off truck. We’ll begin by considering the advantages of both a cable- and hook-hoisted system.
Cable-hoisted Roll Off Trucks
A cable hoist is the oldest and most familiar type of roll off mechanism. In general, it’s more powerful than a hook hoist, allowing the truck to haul a heavier amount of weight at one time.
Another advantage of a cable hoist is that the operator can adjust the ramp’s incline as the container is lifted onto the truck. This makes it a good choice for locations with limited overhead clearance.
On the other hand, a cable-hoisted design requires the operator to get out of the vehicle to attach and detach the cable, potentially exposing him or her to safety risks. Also, a cable hoist will only work with dumpsters that have built-in rails underneath.
Hook-hoisted Roll Off Trucks
A hook-hoisted truck uses a hydraulic mechanism instead of a steel cable. It allows operators to attach and detach the waste container while staying inside the vehicle, so they can haul more waste in less time.
On the other hand, the hook hoist is a relatively new innovation. This means that some of your drivers may require additional training to acquaint themselves with the mechanism. Also, most hook-mounted trucks will only work with dumpsters of a specific size and design.
Safety and Comfort Features
Operating a roll off truck is a demanding profession. To keep your drivers happy, look for a model with the following features:
- Large, comfortable seats.
- Storage nooks and cubbyholes.
- USB ports.
- Bright, easy-to-read dash displays.
- Intuitive controls.
- Large, impact-resistant windshields and windows.
- Anti-slip treading and ergonomic safety handles.
- Year-round climate control, including heat, ventilation, and AC.
Why Roll Off Garbage Truck Rental Is Better Than Buying
Our roll off truck rental program offers advantages that a costly outright purchase simply can’t match. These include:
- Freedom from a large cash outlay – so there’s no need to tie up a big chunk of your operating funds.
- Flexible arrangements – we offer short-term, long-term, and rent-to-purchase plans.
- Freedom from repair worries – we are responsible for any repairs that come along while you’re renting your truck.
We’d love to tell you more about our trucks for rent and the advantages they offer. Contact us today for your customized quote. You’ll soon be on the road to bigger profits.