In this blog, we’ll examine the McNeilus Zero Radius Side Loader garbage truck and its capabilities. With a fast pack cycle and the largest hopper of any side loader on the market, the McNeilus ZR is designed to handle all kinds of clearance issues. Able to navigate narrow streets and around parked cars and other obstacles, the McNeilus ZR side loading refuse truck can help your waste management company fulfill even the most challenging routes. Let’s look at what makes this truck so impressive.
McNeilus ZR Side Loader Specifications
- Lift Capacity: Able to hoist up to 550 pounds, the ZR Side Loader can handle even the heaviest residential garbage loads.
- Lift Cycle Time: With a complete cycle time of just 6.5 seconds, the ZR Side Loader has one of the fastest and most efficient cycle times among side loader garbage trucks. This means you can handle routes faster than your competitors.
- Hopper Capacity: With the largest hopper of any side truck on the market at 4.8 cubic yards, you can haul more waste in less time. Combined with the fast lift cycle time, this means that the ZR Side Loader is an incredibly efficient choice for residential waste management.
- Low Height Hopper: If manual loading is ever necessary, the low height hopper makes it easier for the driver to do, lessening the chances of injury.
- Arm Reach: The ZR Side Loader’s arm can reach a full 84 inches, letting it grab garbage cans that other trucks would not be able to reach.
- Electronic operate-at-idle arms: These help reduce vehicle sway and overall noise, making for a more comfortable driving experience and reducing operator fatigue.
- Load-Sense Hydraulics: The ZR Side Loader uses advanced sensors to detect exactly how much power is needed to lift cans into the hopper. This means that the arm does not use more energy than is needed, saving fuel over time.
- Full-eject body: Able to completely empty the hopper without needing to tilt the body, the ZR Side Loader saves time when depositing waste at the landfill.
- Durability: Featuring nitrided rods and a patented steel tool shaver, the ZR Side Loader is one of the toughest trucks on the market. All high-wear areas are manufactured from high-quality, abrasion-resistant steel for additional strength and durability.
- Eco-Friendly: For the ecologically conscious, the ZR Side Loader offers CNG-powered garbage trucks, which run up to six times cleaner than conventional fuel-based vehicles.
McNeilus Side Loader Rentals
If you want to add a McNeilus Zero Radius Side Loader garbage truck to your company’s fleet, consider a garbage truck rental from Big Truck Rental. We offer a full range of commercial and waste management trucks, including front loaders, side loaders, roll-off trucks, and more. With numerous options for both short and long-term rentals, as well as rent-to-purchase available for much of our inventory, we can help you find the perfect truck for your company’s needs. Give us a call today, and see how we can help your business scale up!