At Big Truck Rental, we understand what it takes to keep our industry moving forward. A big part of that growth is due to our essential workers. We want to shine some light on those special people who have continued to push through during COVID-19 and all of the hard times that have come with this new normal.
For this week’s Essential Worker Spotlight, we would like to introduce you to Nelson Ross. Nelson is the Lead Residential Driver for Waste Pro USA in Gautier, MS. Get to know more about Nelson below!
- What Company do you work for, how long have you been there, and what is your title?
- I am a Residential Lead Driver for Waste Pro USA at the Gautier, MS division and have been there since 2005.
- Tell us a little about yourself- family, hobbies, interests, etc.
- Garbage runs through my blood – I’ve been fascinated by it since I was a kid. My colleagues call me Superman because I’m quick to respond to service issues. I’m often already on it before dispatch even sends an alert. When I’m at home, I like to read the Bible, cook, and spend time with my family.
- What is a typical work day like for you?
- I’m the guy my customers know will do whatever it takes to empty their cans. I’ll get out of my truck and pull the can myself if I need to. I’ve been known to collect missed pickups in my personal car on my way home. No can left behind.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about your job?
- I’ve had people walk up to me in tears saying they’ve never had this kind of service. I tell people it can be done, and I’m the one who can take it to a level where you know it will be done. Because without these people, this place wouldn’t behave, we wouldn’t be here, we’d all be gone. There customer is the most important thing.
- Have you ever worked on or with a BTR truck? If so, please tell us about your experience.
- I have no personally worked on a BTR truck, but some of my colleagues in Gautier have used the BTR Front Loaders.
- Anything else you want to share?
- Being a garbage man is one of the most dangerous things in the world. It’s dangerous around you all the time. People fly around the trucks. It’s got some good points to it too, but you’ve got to be safe. The main thing is to get the job done and make it home safe to your family.
From everyone at Big Truck Rental, we wanted to say thank you to Nelson and the entire team at Waste Pro USA. Thank you for all your hard work!