Renting a top-quality yard dog truck (also known as a terminal tractor) from Big Truck Rental is a great way to manage your freight depot or distribution center more efficiently and reduce fleet maintenance costs. Like all vehicles, these trucks require regular attention and routine care. With that in mind, let’s review the basics of yard dog truck maintenance.
Yard Dog Truck Maintenance: Day to Day Checks
Regardless of the make and model of your yard dog truck, the following daily maintenance steps are a must:
Check the headlights, turn signals, and hazard lights.
- Inspect the hoses and belts.
- Check tire pressure, tread level, and overall condition.
- Check the oil and fluid levels.
- Check the transmission shift lever for potential problems.
- Confirm that the gauges and alarms are in proper working order.
- Clean the windows and windshield.
- Clean and adjust the mirrors.
- Tidy up the cab.
Periodic Terminal Tractor Maintenance Steps
Routine periodic maintenance for your yard dog truck should include:
- Changing fluids and filters.
- Repairing and replacing tires.
- Fixing or replacing broken mirrors, headlamps, and turn signal covers.
- Replacing the brakes.
- Replacing the hoses and belts.
- Flushing out the old transmission fluid and replacing it with new.
You’ll find the recommended timetable for these important tasks in your owner’s manual. Make sure to stay on top of them if you want to prevent terminal tractor breakdowns and costly downtime.
Benefits of Yard Dog Truck Rental
Yard dog trucks are essential for managing a modern distribution facility. But they’re also expensive to own outright. Fortunately, our yard dog truck rental program offers a better way to get the most return on your capital. Here are some of the key benefits of renting a terminal tractor:
- Freedom from costly and time-consuming maintenance – you don’t have to worry about the expense or headache of costly repairs or refurbishments.
- The ability to scale your operations up and down – our flexible rental periods allow you to add extra trucks to meet seasonal or short-term demands. Once the rental term is over, simply turn the vehicle back in or continue to rent, whichever you prefer.
- The option of renting to purchase – The rent-to-purchase plan gives you the option of buying when the rental period is complete. Our customer service experts will be happy to give you all the details.
Rent Your Terminal Tractor Today
Big Truck Rental’s yard dog truck rental plans offer a level of flexibility and convenience that traditional ownership just can’t match. Contact us today for more information. With our trucks for rent, you’ll soon be on the road to higher profits and lower operating costs.