Job Title: Market Development Manager
Direct Report: John Seabaugh – Director, Strategic Partnership
Overnight Travel: 50%
Region: United States
Company and Position Overview:
Big Truck Rental is the leader in Essential Services truck rentals in North America, all backed by a nationally serviced and supported fleet. Big Truck Rental began in 2002 and is a growing and customer focused organization that is looking to expand our already successful sales team. We partner with the worlds largest brands by providing the necessary equipment to execute on delivering goods in the supply chain and keeping our environment clean by supporting waste and recycling collection. The Market Development Manager is responsible for sales, market development & execution for the Terminal Tractor business segment. The Terminal Tractor market is comprised of Fortune 100 organizations, large regional logistics providers, port service providers, and our strategic partner sales and dealer organization. These Fortune 100 include some of the largest and most rapidly growing organizations like Amazon, Target, UPS, and Tyson where you will be tasked with building executive level relationships with fleet and supply chain leaders. In this role you will be responsible for prospecting, relationship development, and monetizing the value of BTR’s suite of solutions. This position will work with the Director, Strategic Partnership and Director Route Ready Sales to further develop and execute the sales/business development strategy across the United States and Canada.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Director, Strategic Partnership & Director of Route Ready to develop and execute a sales strategy.
- Directly seek out and develop direct sales relationships through prospecting phone calls and in person meetings to develop opportunities for rental and sales strategic partnership
- Engage and Collaborate with OEM Strategic Partner or mutual growth in channel
- Collaborate with Inside Sales team to implement and execute prospecting strategy.
- Meet annual revenue and gross profit goals
- Review results quarterly with OEM Strategic Partner
- Present results, opportunities on a quarterly basis to leadership team
- Utilize Sales Force to communicate, organize, and document your efforts.
- Represent Big Truck Rental at industry organizations, functions, and trade shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years sales experience with proven track record of success
- Ideal candidates will have industry knowledge and network of relationships within the large Supply Chain and CPG organizations
- Proven capability to develop and execute a sales and marketing go to market strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with diverse customer base
- Disciplined & strong ability to work in independent environment
- Ability to hire, develop, and train sales staff is desired
- Adequate use of web-based applications (Sales Force), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver’s license
*Please direct inquiries to John Seabaugh at email@example.com